Monday, May 15, 2017

New Gold Book Tells It All

As I continue to research my latest project - "Arizona Lode and Placer Gold - A Guide for Prospectors", I am amazed at all of the potential gold and silver deposits in Arizona. They are literally everywhere south of the Colorado Plateau province. And if anyone has a nose for finding gold deposits, I believe I'm one of those people.  I was harassed endlessly the last year before I retired from the Wyoming Geological Survey because a couple of democrats felt I was finding way too many gold, diamond and colored gemstone deposits in Wyoming.

I now have more than 300 pages of text in my Arizona book where I describe gold deposits, prospecting methods and provides information on hundreds of mines and prospects in Arizona and highlight some of the better prospects with GPS coordinates. 


So, if I can find so many good gold deposits, how come I'm not mining them? Well, first of all, I'm not a miner - I'm an explorer. Second, I don't have much money and it takes a lot of money to open a mine - and I hate staking claims - its boring. 

One  deposit I highlight in my upcoming book is the Taylor-Hermosa massive sulfide and replacement deposit in the Patagonia Mountains in southern Arizona. This is currently being developed into an underground mine with capitalization of $457 million, and it is not the only good deposit in the area. One deposit I assisted in discovery in 1988 in Alaska is one of the largest gold deposits on earth known as Donlin Creek. Last I heard, capitalization for this mine was $1.3 billion. But of course, these are giant mines - but there are many types of deposits of all different sizes. 

For me, I like the hunt - and there is no excitement in mining for me. So, instead of letting all of those great gold and silver deposits just sit around, I'm writing a book about them. I hope to have this book published by the end of 2017 - but watch this site for updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.